Ch.1 Sharing and starting my acne journey

Hey guys! 


It's been a while now... So let me update you guys on things that have happened with my life recently

I started this blog as a sophomore in high school and now I have just started my second semester as a freshman in college!





I used a Chinese beauty app to do some edit (you'll see why I mentioned this) 




















Here is the most recent picture of me, it was snowing here in Indiana and my roommate and I have decided to do a mini photo shoot outside of our campus. 















But you guys could probably tell from the title that I'm not actually going to talk about my transition to college life (although I could do that on another post!) nor talking about my updates in life in detail...

Throughout my whole life, I've always had perfect skin, even in my teenage years I never had one breakout! (I know, I was one of the lucky ones)... Even when I get pimples it would usually fade pretty quickly.


This was 2017 summer and even then my skin was clear of any breakouts


However, during my senior year of high school is when I've started to develop some heavy breakouts that wouldn't fade as easily as before
You can clearly see some breakouts on my cheek area
Since acne was new territory for me, I start to google excessively on how to get rid of acne, little did I know I have started on a journey that I never wanted in the first place...

I began going on different blogs and websites, watched multiple Youtubers who dealt with acne and how they have handled it. I bought many suggested Korean skin care products and tried multiple natural remedies to get rid of it. 

And most importantly––I started to cake on foundations and concealer to hide away all the acne scars and acne. I became so self-conscious, and started to notice people's skin and envied those who were perfect. 

Because I kept putting chemicals on my face and did not wait patiently for the results whilst also taking on products that clog my pores, my acne became worst 

Fast forward to my Freshmen year of college when my acne spread and became worst


I began getting cystic acne, whiteheads around both of my cheeks, jaw, and forehead
This was taken in November 2018
I thought I was doing this skin thing all wrong, I thought it was the difference in my lifestyle that caused it, could be stress? 

Either way, I tried a whole 2-3 months not eating dairy (ice cream, cookie, cheese, or any food with milk listed in allergens), any gluten products (Cereal, oatmeal, etc), and ate fiber gummies (helps with bowel movements, I thought I could get out all the waste toxins out of my body to decrease inflammation). 

While doing that I also did not wear any face makeup (foundation, concealer, color corrector) and only wore eye makeup (eyeshadow, eyeliner). 

Personally, I saw no difference in my skin but saw a huge difference in my weight... (which was not what I wanted). 

The lack of progress frustrated me that during my winter break I went to see a dermatologist, she gave me a bunch of new creams to put on, antibiotics, probiotics and also zinc. 



Alongside I've also switched up my moisturizer and toner/ makeup remover 

The demonologist said that this process won't be easy and it requires a lot of time and patience, I want to take my skin journey more seriously which is why I'm sharing it with you guys in hopes that by documenting my skin journey I can slowly see the process and improvements. 

So right now instead of waiting two weeks for a result to happen or trying multiple experiments at once like before, I'm going to take things one by one and slowly. 

The first task for me is to find out the food culprit that cause my cystic acne to keep reoccurring (inflame) in the same place, so right now I have started on a food log to record all the food that I eat in a day, slowly eliminating one food that I think cause the inflammation. 

Maybe no one will look at this blog, and that is okay because this is like a diary for me to look back on... 

So if you want to join me on my skin journey, hop along~ I'll continue to update you guys (maybe once a month?) 

But for now

I'm out---> 

Comments