The temptation of hiding behind screens

12 am thoughts: 

The temptations of hiding behind screens


  So I was just minding my own business when my email notification notified me that someone commented on my youtube post. I started to wonder what videos did I recently post, turns out it was my last semester video assignment that I had to post on youtube for my professor to grade. 

  Being a Liberal Arts major and taking a Liberal Arts class, my assignment was me explaining why it is a good idea to hire a liberal arts major. Bear in mind, I posted this not because I wanted subscribers or views, but because it was required. Which is why I've completely forgotten that this video was out in the open public for anyone to view (though I didn't expect someone to actually view it). My video has a total of 8 views (one including my professor and my classmate for reference). 

Why was it so necessary to post something negative? What benefits are you getting out of this?


  It wasn't that I didn't want anyone to view it, I mean it's on youtube which means it's for the public to watch. It's the fact that someone would decide to comment something negative on my video...a video that explicitly stated is for an assignment, a video with only 8 views, a video posted by a student with no subscribers count.  

  I remember when my aunt was talking about how people are more negative online because they are able to hide behind a screen. These are the type of things people would never say to each other's faces but because they are behind a screen, they feel like it's okay to post. What are you getting out of it by saying something negative? It is almost as if it is socially unacceptable to be positive or to think of something or someone as positive. One of my favorite Korean reality tv show called The Return of the Superman is about dads raising their kids for 48 hours, usually, the topic of babies and children are supposed to be positive...but I still find comments who are comparing kids and commenting on how bad the dads parenting skills are. "I wish there was more screentime on this kid" "why is she (the daughter) relevant? she has such a dry personality" first of all, you are literally commenting negative things about a CHILD who lives in KOREA...why? 

  Anyway, I hope this world can become more positive...I'm tired of all the negativity. 








I'm out-->










Comments